Saturday 5 November 2011

Airport

My mom told me that I was only a toddler when I had my first flight via Philippine Airlines (Domestic), back then this was the only eagle patrolling the Philippine sky, unlike now. As far as I can recall as a youngster, airports gave me a different high. It has this different ambiance and I would always wonder about the comings and goings of this herd of travellers and everyone seemed happy, no matter how early the flight was. I liked to people watch even at a young age. Back then majority were really well dressed it's as if flying commands for one to dress & impress, and that was only for domestic, what more for international flights my little mind would wonder. It was always a big deal for me whenever we'd be flying (Manila-Mindoro) especially during boarding time. I was fascinated with flying from A and then several hours later would touched down to Airport B.
Now, eons later and many airports journeyed on, being in the airport still gives me a kind of "happy" feeling, I have to say except for long haul journeys and connecting flights. The traveller nowadays are more grumpy, complex and have more issues to deal with (when will this 100 mls restriction go away. I mean seriously!) Oh and yes, only those who are with the Gods wear Tux and branded track suits, don't mind us in the cattle class we are just doing fine (grits teeth)

No comments:

Post a Comment