Sunday 18 December 2011

Ageing gracefully

Meet Lola Nolly, she is the only living survivor amongst my late grandma's siblings from my mother side. I always make it a point to drop by her house and say a quick hello. I am always happy to see her. I used to "crash" in their house when I was job hunting in Manila some 16 years ago.

I was in elementary when during a family party I overheard one relative mentioned that the secret to her youthful look is due to religious usage of Chanel products. She reminds me of Japanese ladies who doesn't seem to have an inch of wrinkle showing at all. When we did our beso beso she still smelled fresh and that she still carry an air of elegance, which I think I don't stand the chance of gaining one. Would you believe that she is turning 90 next year? Our parting words were, that She hopes to still see me/us next time around when that would be I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment