Monday 21 April 2014

There is a first time to everything

So I plunged into the unknown ( well, not really, of course I read trip advisor reviews and pointers and googled a lot about Roma) and did my very first solo sojourn. Off to Rome I went on a Thursday morning, I left London feeling excited, I had my to do list in my head. Will I be able to follow my itinerary as planned? 4 days seemed a long day, It is a matter of will and determination and see if I will have the energy to really accomplish and do all the those things I wanted to do and see. All the phrases and words I practiced ( crash course 101) vanished the minute I first attempted conversing in italian, even with my kodigo ( i-translate from my cell phone) tameme ako :). Kaya I had to resort to english lingo. My goal on day one was to get my ROMA PASS. So I asked the front desk how to get there. He advised me to take BUS 62, I looked at him suspiciously, I read from TRIP advisor that talamak and pickpocket at snatcher sa bus na ito dahil this bus goes to all the tourist spot. Anyway I asked him the second option, lakadin ko daw and Boncompagnio and then turn left sa via Veneto and take the Metro. Mas appealing sa akin ito. That shouldn't be a prob may tatalo pa ba sa London underground tube? Aba he forgot to tell me na downhill pala ito? It took me 15 minutes to get to it ( totoo nga and sabi ng mga previous review, malayo siya sa metro) Anyway when I reached Otttaviano and clap my eyes on the VATICAN CITY, na pa wow ako sa kanyang magnificence. Malaki nga siya as in.

No comments:

Post a Comment